- First and foremost, Customs is simply an authority or agency that resides at country level. Its first responsibility is not only the collection but also the safeguarding of customs duties.
- This management of customs duties is essential for controlling the flow of goods in and out of a country. Therefore, the customs process begins in the country of origin and ends in the country of destination.
- TSY Global manages all queries from the customs authority on your behalf. Once your goods are cleared, we arrange for transit before final delivery.
- There are only a limited number of local exceptions around the world. This is why the cost of standard customs clearance can usually be included within the door-to-door transportation charge.
- Processing several million customs entries is no easy task. We does that every day for our customers because we acts as a broker on their behalf.
- Through the local services we provide to customers everywhere, we are now one of the world's largest customs brokers. In this role, we need to ensure that your customs paperwork is relevant and accurate at all times.
- Once thoroughly checked, your shipment information is handed over to the appropriate customs authority. They work with us to expedite the clearance and get your goods delivered quickly and efficiently.
- The carrier validates the paperwork and information for each and every shipment. Shipments will not clear customs unless paperwork is totally accurate and fully complete.
- Certain goods shipped by our carrier are referred to as commodities and are assigned “commodity codes.” This classification applies to any goods sent and the code is a pre-defined customs regulation.
- The commodity code is a critical piece of information for when goods are submitted to the customs authority.
- Depending on local legislation and regulations, the import or export of certain goods may be restricted or forbidden. It is the customs authority that has the large job of enforcing these rules.
- Furthermore, each and every local customs authority has the power to set its own import and export charges depending on the type of shipment it processes.
Avoid customs clearance delays by providing documentation
It’s important that shipments include all the necessary documentation in order to clear customs. When shipments do not contain required documents, we provides a convenient service that allows you to quickly submit documentation to avoid clearance delays :-